Monday, January 28, 2013

One of those days...

Today was one of those days where I wanted to get in the kitchen and cook up a storm! So I thought about it through and I wanted to make a couple of things. Namely Frost a Cake and Homemade Dinner Rolls. In this blog, all I've been showing are baked goods without any decorations. I wanted to show what I can do as  Pastry chef and maybe you can critic on my works. I'll put up some pictures of past works of cakes that I've made including the one I've made today. For today's cake, I didn't make enough frosting to cover the entire cake, but I adapted to meet the needs of my objectives for today.

Here comes the pictures!




This cake was made today, and it was unfortunately a boxed devil's food cake mix. So the frosting is homemade and really sweet. I've created the frosting using this recipe.I'd add less 10x sugar to make the frosting a bit less sweet. 

My past works are:

Green Tea Cake



Strawberry Green Tea Cake


That's all I've done that I remembered. So Let me know which one is your favorite. 

QUESTION: Can you tell the difference between the photo quality? For today's recipes, I decided to use my camera. The quality is a lot better than the iPad, but the only con is that I have the connect the camera to the computer with a USB, which takes longer than automatically updating into my Photo Stream Folder.

Now for my Homemade Dinner Roll, I couldn't help myself when they came out of the oven. I was drooling so fast. I hope you do too. The pictures are as followed:

                                     





The recipe is from Laura Vitale. I love her recipes because it has the right amount of seasonings in her dishes. I've used quite a bit of her recipes already. Now the Dinner Rolls were so SOFT, LIGHT, and BUTTERY! 
Best combination EVER!!!

In this recipe, I've changed how the method was written. Instead of using a stand mixer with a hook attachment, I used my hands and a wooden spoon. I used less flour than it called for. In this particular batch, I've used a total of 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour. After mixing 3 cups of flour into the mixture, I pulled the sticky dough out of the bowl and then kneed in the last half cup until it wasn't sticky anymore. Afterwards, proceed with the rest of recipe as written. The result was a softer, lighter, and buttery roll. Serve it with the next family gathering and you will be giving this recipe away.

Please let me know down below whether you like my Camera's quality or iPad's quality. In addition to that, any tips or suggestions you'd like to share, please feel free to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment