Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Love for Cantonese Cooking (5)


I haven't posted anything for the past few days because I haven't found anything interesting I can photograph, but I assure you that I'm still cooking. 

Today I wanted to make delicious Steamed Turnip Cake. Steamed Turnip Cake or Pan Fried Turnip Cake are common dishes in Dim Sum. I adore the Oyster Sauce that they pour out on the side of the plate. It pairs well with it for some reason. 

I have to give some credit to wantanmien. They provided the recipe for me to use and the end result was a soft, slightly bitter taste from the turnip cake. Its enjoyable. Especially when it was pan fried (Sorry I didn't take that picture, TOO DELICIOUS), the crust and the oyster sauce took it to a new level.

In the picture, you will see bits of dark red, black, and some light green. Those are the ingredients for the filling that I've mixed into it. They are my favorites. It consisted of Dried Shrimp (Re-hydrated), Dried Chinese Mushrooms (Re-hydrated), Chinese Sausage, Chinese Cured Smoked Belly, and Green Onions. The combination is good, but I will change the ingredients for the filling soon to incorporate Fermented Vegetable, and Fresh Ground Pork. The filling should be a lot "meat-er". 

The quality of the pictures are poor, I'm sorry. That's just the iPad 2 that I have. 


If you'd like to see me try to make something, Please leave it in the comment box below and I'd be happy to experiment with it. I think I need more inspiration from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment