Friday, January 25, 2013

An Almost All American Dinner!

Today, I decided to make dinner for my family, which included my Parents, Grandparents, Aunt, Uncle, and Little Cousin. I wanted to make something that goes well with silky smooth Whipped Potatoes. So I thought maybe Pan-seared Steak, Pot Roast, or Braised Short Ribs. Unfortunately two of them would take all day to make and one of them is very pricey for my budget. Since I'm on a budget and need a quick fix, I turned to Meatloaf. Not the most elegant dish, but it sure is quick cooking and cheap.

At the end of this post, I will mention how much I've spent on this meal that served 8 people with leftovers for tomorrow. So lets begin with the menu for tonight's dinner:

Entree: Meatloaf
Side Dish: Whipped Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, and Boiled Vegetable.

The dish looked something like this:

I put my own spin on the Meatloaf recipe, by placing a few thinly sliced bacon on top of the meatloaf, which kept it really moist and delicious. The overall dish was Delicious and very All American except for the Boiled Yu Choy. I will apologize for how the gravy was poured but the food still tasted delicious. 

Here are the other pictures I've taken of the Meatloaf:


Now for the pricing, the whole meal was about 25-30 dollars. Not so bad when it can feel 8 people. 

Let me know what is your go to "cheap and quick" meals. I'd like to learn and save some money while doing so. It's a win win situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment