Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

Today is Valentine's Day; Hope everyone is spending time with someone special. I made these cookies that could be a nice treat to have after dinner with a cup of coffee.

Around the Valentine's Day holiday, Hershey's Kisses comes out with their limited edition Kisses called Hugs. They are my favorite chocolate for this time of year. For those who don't know what Hugs are; they are chocolate shaped like Kisses but each Hug has a Milk Chocolate center covered with white chocolate. The packaging looks like this:


Since Hershey's Hugs are only a limited time, I wanted to make something with it. I decided on a recipe from Allrecipes.com. It's called Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/peanut-butter-kiss-cookies/

I believe this recipe would be considered gluten-free cookies. If I'm incorrect, please let me know.

My cookies turned out something like this:




They spread out a lot, so space them out wisely. Other than the large thin cookies, the appearance isn't so bad. The taste of these cookies were really sweet for my taste so use 3/4 cup of sugar for this recipe. The Hershey's Kisses adds a pleasant creaminess and parts well with the peanut butter flavor. You can never go wrong with the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. 

Another alternative is to use Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kisses, which would add a nice bitterness to contrast the sweetness of the cookie base. 

Hope you enjoy this! Leave a comment down below and Subscribe for new updates! I'll be making something that I've love since I was young. Stay Tune! 

No comments:

Post a Comment