Thursday, December 27, 2012

My love for Cantonese Cooking (contd)

Today my love for Cantonese Cooking has grown again! My favorite childhood pastry has always been the Pineapple Bun (菠萝包)! It's soft with a slightly crunchy crust and perfect sweetness, but if it has the custard, then its sometimes overly sweet. I adore the fact that this bun is so good! 

Now that I'm an adult and realized my passion for cooking is burning stronger than ever, I researched my childhood pastry and I came across this particular YouTube channel wantanmein. They have a good solid recipe for Pineapple Bun. I tried at this very day and they came out pretty good. 


Looks just like the Chinese bake Shops doesn't it??

For your information, I do NOT know how to use PhotoShop! All of the photos are REAL, there's no fake stuff here!

The result was a slightly crunchy exterior with a very soft yeasty dough. It's perfect sweetened, so I wouldn't change the recipe at all. The recipe made 12. I currently my family ate 4 already. 8 Left =( 

Please feel free to comment what you see. I'd like to know what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment