Friday, October 4, 2013

Quick Update


Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've posted anything. I'm sorry for not staying up to date, it's just that there's a lot of things juggling in my mind and events I have to attend. As of now I found the time to write a quick post.

The big news: I've offically graduated from Culinary School (International Culinary Center in New York City). I'm currently waiting for a job position I really want in a new restaurant that will open in the near future. In the meantime, I've been to keeping myself busy and also "training" myself to stay mentally fast similar to the speed when I was in Culinary School.

I've made a couple of things. Some that I'm very proud of, and others that I didn't take a photo of because of the results.

Here comes the pictures:
Both of these pictures were the birthday dinner party I catered for my high school friend. 
The menu consisted:
Nicoise-style Salad
Homemade Pasta in a Parmesan Broth with Peas and Enoki Mushrooms
French Onion Soup with Toasted Sourdough Bread and Melt Gruyere Cheese
Quiche Lorraine (Egg Custard Tart with Bacon and Gruyere Cheese)
Roasted Chicken Thighs Grandmother-style
Classic Beef Stew
Green Tea Cream Puffs with Green Tea Pastry Cream
Classic Napoleon layered with Pastry Cream and studded with Raspberries and Blueberries

My attempt on making Baked Red Bean Buns. The Red Bean Paste could use more moisture.


This was featured on my instagram (@boredbasterd) 
I made a Napoleon with Chocolate Mousse dusted with powdered sugar.
Not the best looking dessert but it tasted pretty good.


This was my proud attempt on making Fresh Homemade Super Soft White Toast Bread
It tasted lovely! Oh carbs HOW I ADORE YOU! 

That's all that I have for now. I will make sure I will keep everyone updated in my future in the culinary world! I'm loving this industry, maybe the wrong side of it. Should I go to pastry side? 

Please Subscribe to get the latest update and leave comment for me if you'd like! Hope you enjoy the lovely pictures and you can follow me on Instagram if you'd like to see all my photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment